Build an Emergency Supply Kit
In an emergency, there are items you and your family will need. Pack a bag with items listed below. After assembling your kit, store it in a place known to all household members. Review the contents of your kit periodically to make sure stored medicines are up to date.
- Water and non-perishable food for each person for 3-5 days
- First aid kit
- Battery-operated flashlight and radio, and extra batteries for each
- Extra clothing and bedding (including shoes)
- Personal hygiene items
- Speciality items such as prescription medications, baby formula, diapers and pet supplies
- Plates, cups, utensils and a can opener
- Copies of important documents such as driver's licenses, birth certificates, insurance policies and financial information
Once you've put your kit together, it's time to make a plan!